- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- 2¼ lb. (1 kg) horsemeat roast
- Irresistibles Dijon mustard* as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blue cheese-horseradish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) sour cream
- 5 tsp. (25 mL) minced chives
- 5 tsp. (25 mL) prepared horseradish or wasabi (Japanese horseradish) powder
- 5 tsp. (25 mL) light mayonnaise*
- Freshly ground Irresistibles peppercorns* to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F (210°C).
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Sear roast all sides.
Rub with mustard and season.
Roast 10 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue to cook to desired degree of doneness.
Take meat out, cover loosely with foil and let stand.
In a bowl, mix sauce ingredients together.
In a skillet, bring sauce to a boil.
Lay sliced meat on a bed of sauce.
SuggestionCooking time: the best way to check doneness is with a meat thermometer, which shows the meat’s internal temperature. Rare ― 125°F (55°C). Medium ― 150° F (65°C). Well-done ― 170° F (77°C). It is important to take the roast out of the oven 5 to 10 minutes before it’s done as its internal temperature interne will continue to rise a little.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Chicken Sandwich with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Blue Marlin in a Hot Sauce
- Roast Horsemeat with Mediterranean Flavours
- Roast Pork with Orange-Cranberry Sauce
- Sirloin Roast with Hunter’s Sauce
- Horsemeat Roast with Tarragon
- Fruity Horsemeat Roast
- Standing Rib Roast with Cognac Sauce
- Wing Roast with Three Pepper Sauce
- Roast Pork with Orange-Mustard Sauce