- 1 1/4 lb. (6565 g) horsemeat roast, wrapped in pork fat
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced fresh or preserved mangoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) beef broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yoghurt (1%)
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
In an ovenproof pot, brown the roast on all sides in oil.
Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove roast.
Deglaze with the lemon juice, add the peaches and mangoes and salt and pepper.
Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Return roast to pot.
Cook in the oven, covered, at 350°F/180°C for 50 minutes, until tender.
Remove the roast from the pot and keep warm.
Add the yoghurt to the cooking juice, stirring using the back of a spoon.
Slice the roast and pour the sauce on the slices or present the whole roast on a service platter with the sauce in a gravy boat.
SuggestionIf necessary, thicken the sauce with cornstarch diluted in a bit of cold water.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!