- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lb. (1,25 kg) french cut beef roast
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 Tbsp (75 mL) red wine
- 1 cup (250 mL) veal stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Season beef with salt and pepper. In a saucepan, heat oil and lightly brown the meat for a couple of minutes on all sides.
Transfer the meat to a roasting pan and cook in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 180 °C (350 °F) and cook until desired doneness. Turn meat every 10 minutes and baste regularly. Verify the internal temperature. Remove from oven and cover with foil, let rest.
In the same roasting pan, add vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes. Reserve.
Deglaze with red wine and add veal stock. Add bouquet garni and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Pass through a sieve and adjust seasoning.
Serve sliced with sauce.
SuggestionCooking time will vary according to the thickness of the piece of meat.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Leftrover Roast Beef Macaroni
- Marinade Roast Beef Calypso
- Roast Beef au Jus
- Beef Tenderloin Roast
- Baguette With Cooked Roast Beef And Grilled Vegetables
- Roast Beef with Vegetables
- Roast Beef Calypso
- Slow Cooker Asian-Style Beef Pot Roast
- Beef Tenderloin Roast with Potato and Green Bean Bundles
- Roast Beef