- 1 duck confit
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Irresistibles Mezzo olive oil*
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Salt and freshly ground Irresistibles pepper*
- 4 oz. (125 g) arugula
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Irresistibles white vinegar*
- 4 cups (1 litre) water
- 2 fresh eggs*
- 2 slices nut bread, toasted
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Put duck confit on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime, salt and pepper. Toss arugula in dressing. Set aside.
In a small pan, stir vinegar into water and bring to a slow simmer (do not let liquid boil).
Using a wooden spoon, stir water into a gentle whirlpool.
Break each egg into a cup, taking care not to break the yolk, and slip into the simmering water..
Cook 3 – 4 minutes keeping water at a slow simmer.
Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of warm water to halt cooking and keep eggs warm.
Shred duck confit.
Drain eggs on a paper towel and gently pat dry.
On each toast, lay a poached egg and surround it with shredded duck.
To plate, place the toast with poached egg on a bed of salad.
SuggestionCooking time will vary depending on the temperature and size of eggs.
Eggs may be poached the day before and kept in cold water.
To warm eggs, drop into boiling water for 2 minutes.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!
- Poached Eggs Alfredo in Patty Shells
- Caviar garnished poached eggs
- Duck Confit Salad with Aged Quebec Cheddar Dressing
- Strawberry and Parmesan arugula salad
- Roasted Brome Lake Duck Thighs Confit
- Lareyed potatoes with savoury-seasoned duck confit and dried tomatoes
- Warm Duck Confit Salad
- Cassole of Brome Lake Duck Confit and Orange Duck and Pork Sausage
- Duck confit in warm salad
- Duck Confit