- 4 - 6 Irresistibles white creamer potatoes*, peeled
- 4 slices smoked ham* optional
- Irresistibles Mezzo olive oil* as needed
- 4 patty shells
- 1 400-mL jar Irresistibles Alfredo sauce*
- 2 oz. (60 g) Gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 large eggs*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) white vinegar*
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 bunch arugula or bag of prewashed baby spinach
- Assorted fruits ― cantaloupe, apple, strawberries ― sliced
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water with a few drops of lemon juice.
Cool immediately under cold running water and pat dry.
Preheat oven to 200ºF (100ºC).
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown potatoes and ham in olive oil.
Transfer potatoes, ham and patty shells to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven.
Heat Alfredo sauce, and stir in cheese.
Poach eggs in simmering water to which vinegar has been added. Remove when done and keep warm.
In a skillet, heat olive oil, then add green onion and arugula or spinach.
Cook on high heat for 30 seconds.
On a plate, mound some arugula, add a patty shell, nestle a poached egg in it, and spoon Alfredo sauce over top.
Garnish with fruit.
SuggestionTo poach eggs, bring 4 cups (1 L) of water to a boil, and add 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vinegar. As soon as water returns to a simmering boil, carefully break eggs into it. Cook 3 minutes or so, keeping the water at a simmer. Using a slotted spoon, remove poached eggs and immerse in lukewarm water to stop cooking.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!