- 9 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 lb (225 g) cooked fresh shrimp*, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) maple flavoured mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Maple flavoured mayonnaise
- (makes approximately 1 cup - 250 mL)
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) canola oil*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cider or white vinegar
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) dry mustard
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
Cut the eggs in two lengthwise. Remove the yolks, place them in a glass bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients (including mayonnaise) and mix well.
Use a pastry bag to fill the egg whites with the preparation.
Place the ingredients in the food processor bowl and mix until smooth.
SuggestionPlace 3 eggs per plate and serve with raw vegetables and sliced croutons flavoured with chive butter.
Sprinkle chopped red bell pepper or parsley on the eggs.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!