- 2 egg whites or eggs
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) yogurt
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 Yves Veggie Breakfast Link or Yves Canadian Veggie Bacon slice, diced
- 1–2 tsp. (5-10 mL) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) diced fresh tomato
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground cumin
- Pinch oregano leaves
- 2 slices whole wheat toast
Beat egg whites or eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper with fork in medium bowl for 1 minute.
In skillet, sauté Yves Breakfast Links or Yves Veggie Bacon in oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
Add tomato, green onion and sauté for 30 seconds.
Stir in cilantro, cumin and oregano.
Add egg mixture and stir quickly until scrambled. Serve with whole wheat toast.
SuggestionThe name of this recipe is taken from Huevos Rancheros, meaning “Rancher's Eggs” in Spanish. The original recipe consisted of fried corn tortillas, topped with fried eggs, followed by a layer of salsa. This juicy, lighter version can be made with egg whites or whole eggs; either way it's an excellent source of protein to start your day.
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!