- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) broccoli flowerets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cauliflower flowerets
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced white ham
- 4 large eggs*
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
In a saucepan, blanch vegetables in salted water over high heat 1 minute; drain and set aside.
Put ham and vegetables in the bottom of 4 buttered ramekins.
Break an egg into each ramekin being careful not to break the yolk.
Place ramekins in a rectangular dish and add boiling water to mid-way up the ramekins.
Bake 15 minutes and turn moulded eggs out onto plates.
SuggestionPour a little maple syrup on plates and place the moulded eggs over the syrup. Garnish each plate with small flowers and pineapple slices
* We recommend Selection and Irresistibles products.
Metro encourages moderation in the consumption of alcohol. The sale of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by law, is restricted to adults only. And, please, don't drink and drive!