Culinary tips and advice for cooking horse meat
For delicious horse
meat recipes, click on metro.ca!
Here are the most popular techniques that will help you cook horse meat to perfection. The information is presented in a way that allows you to master the basic principles yet provides you the leeway to add your own personal touch to both everyday meals and special-occasion dinners!
For best results, it is most important to select the best cut of meat for the chosen recipe. When in doubt, consult your METRO butcher; he will be happy to assist you!
- Horse meat can be prepared in exactly the same way as beef.
- Care must be taken when cooking horse meat because it is very tender and requires little time to cook. For maximum tenderness, it is always preferable to sear the meat quickly then reduce the heat until the meat is done.
- Depending on personal taste, most cuts of horse meat can be eaten pink. Ground horse meat should, of course, be well done.
- Each cut of meat has its own cooking method: tender and very tender cuts can be roasted, grilled, sautéed or pan-fried.
- Horse meat has the inconvenience of being extremely fragile so
it is easily contaminated, particularly ground meat.